Reviewed by Kali_Ma?
Brine Shrimp Direct
P.O. Box 13147
Ogden, Utah 84412-3147
Phone: 800-303-7914 toll-free
(call 9:00-5:00, Mountain Standard Time)
Half-Ounce? (14 gm.) $4.95
2 oz. $6.95
8 oz. $14.95
From the Brine Shrimp Direct Site:
Copepods are acknowledged to be one of the best natural foods for fish fry and larvae because of their nutrient value and digestibility.
Used extensively in commercial aquaculture in Japan, Korea and Europe, copepods are considered superior to artemia in terms of HUFA content and fatty acid composition.
Brine Shrimp Direct has secured a high-quality product that is harvested from brackish water ponds, filtered, washed and freeze-dried to retain natural food value.
Applicable to both marine and freshwater aquaria, the copepod, Apocyclops royi, has only recently been harvested in commercial quantities for use in the aquaria industry and is avidly sought by ornamental fish breeders worldwide.
Feeding and handling is simple. Culture costs are lowered and survival of fish larvae, especially when fed copepods in conjunction with live or frozen artemia, is increased.
Typical analysis: 45% protein (proximate analysis pending). “
These are a great deal. They come in a powdery form, being very tiny creatures, and don’t require any special handling to serve. These continue to be a highly popular food in the dry food dish; my c. clypeatus, Fifi, stood in the dish for hours the first night I served it, eating almost until she burst.
Pros: Highly nutritious, you get a lot for the money.
Cons: Must be ordered from the site.
Prices may have changed since this review was submitted.
The content on this page is licensed under the terms of the Copyright.
- Hagen Crushed Oyster Shell
- Jurassi Diet For Hermit Crabs
- Kaytee Healthy Toppings Apple Bits
- Kaytee Healthy Toppings Carrots & Greens
- Kaytee Healthy Toppings Carrots and Sweet Potatoes
- Kaytee Healthy Toppings Coconut & Raspberries
- Kaytee Healthy Toppings Mixed Nuts
- Kaytee Healthy Toppings Rose Hips
- Kaytee Healthy Toppings: Pumpkin Seeds & Almonds
- Kaytee Orange Blossom Honey
- Nature's Way Red Raspberry Leaves
- Nutiva Shelled Hemp Seed
- Ocean Nutrition Silversides
- Sallys San Francisco Bay Brand Silversides
- Sam's Coconut Treat
- Sam's Fruit Chews
- San Francisco Bay Brand Bloodworms
- Seaweed Select Green Marine Algae
- T-rex Crab Island Hermit Crab Food
- T-rex Small Animal Treat Series Fruit Naturals Papaya
- TetraMin Baby Shrimp Sun Dried Treat
- ZooMed Anole Food
- ZooMed Hermit Crab Pelleted Food
- ZooMed Leopard Gecko Food
- Fluker's Mealworms
- Gardner's Treecrab Food: mixed food
- HBH Hermit Crab Cookies
- Health Valley Amaranth Graham Crackers
- Hermit the Crab Deluxe Hermit Crab Treat
- Hikari BIO-PURE® FD Daphnia
- Hikari Cichlid Gold
- Hikari Sinking Wafers
- Hikari Tubifex Worms
- Jarrow Formula Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Julian Sprung's Sea Veggies
- Flott Solid Light Tuna in Pure Olive Oil
- Florida Marine Research Land Hermit Crab Food
- FlaxOmegaTM Flax Oil
- Esprit du sel Flavorful Grey Sea Salt: organic sea salt for cooking
- EdenSoy Organic Soy Milk
- Eden Organic Gomasio
- Brine Shrimp Direct Freeze-Dried Mysis Shrimp
- Brine Shrimp Direct Freeze-Dried Copepods
- Bob's Red Mill Organic Flaxseed Meal
- Aquasonic Brine Shrimp Flakes